Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Picture for Thought

Photo Credits: Jimmy Cardosi
One of the most captivating aspects of the world of movies is their ability to immerse one within their worlds. When one is immersed, they're transplanted into the world of the film, or in other cases, books and video games. This feeling gives one a sense of closeness, or exhilaration beyond the realm of the mundane world.

This brings me to the photo at hand.

I believe this photo does a great job of representing immersion in a creative sense.

Though one cannot take a picture of one's personal immersion, we can all relate to the feeling. Every new film, book, video game, or whatever other creative outlet you choose can place you in a new world in which you can be someone completely different, or see things in a whole new perspective.

With the power of immersion, your mind is a whole universe of new worlds. With each new movie, or new planet in your universe, you're able to see a new cast of characters, or experience a new environment through the windows of your mind.

My question to you, the reader, is simple.

How do you immerse yourself? Do you place yourself into the world of movies with each new film you watch? Maybe you curl up on the couch and read a new book.

Also, what sort of thoughts does this photo evoke in you?

The ability of immersion is a valuable aspect in life, allowing us to shed the pains of normalcy in order to put ourselves in a world beyond the scope of the mundane.

So take the time, kick off your shoes, and immerse yourself into a new world today.

1 comment:

  1. After reading this I realize how immersed I actually get into movies and more importantly televisions series. While I do love some quality movie time and can definitely get lost in the story lines, television has my heart. I think it is because shows usually do not last over an hour while movies these days last over two hours, as I have a busy life it is hard to find a solid two hours to immerse myself in a movie. Also I think it has something to do with the feeling of wanting more after each show, as they usually end with a cliff hanger that leaves me binge watching shows on Netflix when I have the time. Thanks for the post I hope to get some good movie ideas from your blog.

    ReplyDelete