Tuesday, February 16, 2016

About JDunn Movies

Welcome… To JDunn Movies.

My name is Jared Dunn, and I, first and foremost, am a lover of movies. That being said, this blog shall be a place where I will review newer movies, in hopes that I can steer you all towards finding a new favorite.

Throughout my life I have indulged and dreamt of various avenues in life, from wanting to be a chef, to zoology, even at one point wanting to be a teacher. In the end, it always points back to movies.
This, like most stories, point back to my childhood. Hardly three feet tall, little Jared sat down in front of a screen, only to be mesmerized by one of my favorite movies, to this date…



It was at this time that I began to idolize the silver screen, and the various stories that continued to draw me into their various universes. The immersion into these visual tales gave me a new outlook on life, shaping me into a different person with each new story under my belt.

As a child I wanted to be a paleontologist not because I loved dinosaurs (Though I absolutely did), but because I’d seen the riveting story of Dr. Grant escaping the onslaught of dinosaurs within the park.

I wanted to be a zoologist because of documentaries I experienced.

I’ve even mulled the idea of being an astronaut from time to time. Fortunately, I can always refer 
back to Alien after the next space odyssey I watch.

Fortunately for me, everything has begun to come full cycle, and I have shaped my pathway towards what I truly love. You may have guessed it. Movies.

Rather than the excitement of dinosaurs and space, I have stepped a foot into the safe world of movies, having worked in places such as movie theaters and rental stores, I now strive to help introduce people to the wonderment of movies.

Using the English major I am working towards, with all my might, I hope to not only review movies, which is the aim of this blog, but I’d like to, someday, write a movie of my own.  My dream is to immerse people into a new world of my own creation, and give them a taste of a world beyond their own.


So join me in the world of movies as I give you a nudge toward a movie you may not think you’d like, or are just not sure about. You may be surprised by the gems that are waiting for you.

Photo Credit: http://www.engadget.com/

1 comment:

  1. Jared, great idea for a blog! I also am a movie lover and always try to find a new one in my spare time. Jurassic Park is a classic and I tend to watch it whenever it is on. Being a movie critic could be a great job. Possibly check out the movie critics that put their thoughts on youtube, it could give you some ideas

    ReplyDelete